The Life and Times -- SHIPIT crew

                                       "It's probably a race. I call. You have aces? Oh.. I have 22."

Monday, March 27, 2006

March Madness

Well, the final four is set. This is absolutely ridiculous, as my bracket is for the first time dead from here out, with my only final four pick UCLA I had going down to Duke. Who the hell is George Mason anyway? I’m slightly behind in my pools which means it is officially over since nobody has any team advancing farther. If you had picked LSU, Florida, or George Mason to advance to the championship game you obviously sold your soul the devil because there is no way any rational basketball fan who doesn’t attend those schools to take them to the big one. A $20 bet for George Mason to win this tournament would cash at $8000 if they finish the deal this coming Monday. As much as I’m pissed off about George Mason, I do give them a lot of credit for the poise they’ve had in all the games in this tournament and the way they have handled themselves off the court thus far.

In the past few years I’ve done well in brackets, and have won 3 times out of 8 years I’ve been pools. No such luck this year. Duke letting me down hurt me the most, along with Iowa making its early first round exit. But this year is special in one regard, I officially started sports betting. Here were the stats:
Games bet: 7
Games won: 1
That’s right, 1 and 5 until Villanova capped my pipe dreams yesterday with their 62-75 embarrassment against Florida. At least they gave me an excuse to drink myself belligerent last night.

My sports betting bankroll is almost officially gone, but I’ve got an early idea how to save it. See, I take all my picks, and just reverse them. Millionaire in no time, like Biff in Back to the Future 2. As for poker, it’s on hold for just a few more days while I finish the daily grind of school, particularly with this Philosophical bastard Giorgio Agamben and his Homo Sacer. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


 
web hit counter